1. Why have a Celebrant led ceremony ?
Quite simply you have more choice, less restraints on time and content and you get a bespoke ceremony tailored to reflect you as a couple.
2. If I want some religious content would that be okay ?
Yes, unlike Humanist ceremonies Independent Celebrant ceremonies can include religious content if requested.
3. Will I be legally married if I have a Celebrant led ceremony ?
No, all Celebrant led Wedding ceremonies are non-statutory but you can complete your legal declarations using the two + two service at the Registry Office before hand. If you choose not to legally marry or form a Civil partnership then you could have a Commitment ceremony.
4. Where can I have my wedding ceremony ?
You can have your wedding ceremony anywhere you wish.
5. I have read about handfasting and jumping the broom can these be include in a Celebrant led ceremony ?
Handfasting, jumping the broom and many other symbolic actions can be included in a Wedding ceremony. Perhaps you would like to light candles, mix sand, share a cup of wine, give gifts, or exchange love letters - all things are possible.
Choosing a Celebrant to help you create that special ceremony is an important step towards making your occasion a really memorable one. Why not take advantage of the free initial meeting I offer ? I believe it is important to meet informally to discuss your ideas and what I can offer. Meeting also gives us an opportunity to explore the type of ceremony that would best suit your needs.